Master of Science, Applied Exercise Physiology May 1997
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Bachelor of Science, Community Health Education May 1986
Minor in Sociology
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, La Crosse, WI
Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (since 1999)
- IDEA Health & Fitness Association Member
- American Council on Exercise (ACE), Lifestyle Management Consultant (2002)
- Nutrition Specialist training by American Academy of Sports Dieticians and Nutritionists (2009)
- Recipient of Syracuse, NY Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Award for achievement, community involvement and volunteerism (2002)
- Recently completed Wellcoaches® training, Certified Wellness Coach (2012)
- American Heart Association First Aid, CPR & AED Certified
Group Exercise Certifications/Experience:
- Johnny G. Spinning Instructor (2003), ACE Group Exercise Instructor (1995)
- TRX Suspension Training Certified (2011)
Computer Proficiencies: All Microsoft Office Applications
Take Care Health Systems Groton & New London, CT
Wellness Coordinator/Program Manager August 2003 – January 2012
- Represent and Advocate Pfizer’s Corporate Wellness Initiative, Healthy Pfizer (HP), year-round to all colleagues.
- Manage and strategize best approach utilization for all wellness programs and events: On-going web-based social networking activity incentive, Health Questionnaire yearly completion incentive, Annual Health Screening Fair, Family Health Fair, Skin Cancer Screenings (coordinate at 17 sites throughout the country), healthy eating seminars, stress/resiliency trainings & monthly Info Sessions.
- Align HP programs with site program plan, promotions & special events, including monthly calendar offerings & speaker/event scheduling.
- Represent Program on advisory committees/groups: HP Core Team, HP Healthy Café Group, Fitness Center Governance Board. Collaborate with variety of departments to co-promote programs/events, including: Occupational Health and Wellness, On-Site Physical Therapy, Food services & Employee Assistance Programs. Perform Ergonomic Evaluations to contract employees, assisting Physical Therapists with work load.
- Coordinate variety of Vendor services, including, Mammography screenings, CPR/AED/First Aid trainings & podiatrist screenings. Plan & oversee other campus programs including yoga, meditation classes and corporate chair massage.
- Design and present lecture-based classes/seminars, including: “Fitting in Fitness” program, “New-U Healthy Eating Series”, “Low Back Care”, “Mission Possible: DASH Diet”, and “Women on Weights”
- Invited Guest Speaker on variety of health topics, including Stretch Breaks, Injury Prevention/Office Ergonomics, Stress Management, & variety of Fitness/Nutrition topics. Titles include, Building Zest for Life”,”Desk Yoga”, “Balancing Work & Family”, “Got Flexibility? – the often missing component of exercise”.
- Administer, manage and evaluate Wellness programs and budget. Previously managed a second fitness center site from August 2003 - December 2010.
- Assist with operations of fitness center, including staff supervision, administration of Take Care Health policies & procedures, facilities management, program budget management, member services (exercise testing, prescription & retention).
- Manage base of health & fitness center members, coaching members through healthy habit change process.
- Coordinate staff development events. Teach 4-5 group exercise classes per week (spin, yoga fitness, group strength, boot camp, TRX training).
Wellness Enterprises Syracuse, NY
Wellness Coordinator/Senior Exercise Physiologist January 1995 – August 2003
- Plan quarterly schedule of wellness events for members in several worksite wellness centers, including Carrier Corp & Anheuser Busch. Facilitate wellness programs, teach lecture-based classes and guest speak on topics including weight loss, strength training, stress management, women’s health, and sports nutrition. One-on-one health/wellness counseling to members. Wellness presentations at Managers Meetings, Safety Meetings, other Staff Meetings. Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting statistics. Development, implementation & evaluation of the strategic programs and marketing plan.
- Manage risk stratification and exercise prescription for members of Wellness Center accounts. Teach variety of group exercise classes, including yoga, Pilates, sports stretch, circuit training, strength training, senior fitness and step aerobics.
- Schedule group fitness classes and supervise/manage staff of instructors at multiple sites.
Syracuse University Syracuse, NY
Graduate Assistant/Adjunct Faculty August 1995 – May 1997
- Professional staffing & promotions of staff and faculty fitness center, Healthworks. Performed full fitness assessments and exercise prescription for members.
- Adjunct faculty: taught stress management courses to undergraduates
- Taught semester-length CPR & First Aid certification courses to undergraduates
- Taught group exercise and sports activity classes
- Graduate project Children’s Summer Camp Director, Kidsports, Waterford, CT
University of California at Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA
Clinic Administrator/Health Educator July 1987 – December 1994
- Co-managed UCLA Women’s Health-Family Planning Clinic, including daily clinic flow, patient scheduling, staff scheduling and supervision, coordinating schedule of clinician’s with nurse manager & supply ordering/inventory. Scheduled grand rounds guest speakers. Assisted Senior Administrator with grant writing to secure state and federal funding for the clinic. Certified counselor in HIV testing, pregnancy testing, sterilization surgery & natural family planning. Certified phlebotomist. Served on numerous committees on behalf of clinic, including Medical Ethics Committee. Health educator/outreach worker, including serving school-based health clinic in Culver City, CA. Clinic served primarily underprivileged/uninsured populations in Los Angeles.
- Developed & coordinated staff development activities. Received award, Novak Staff Development Award, in recognition of staff development program (April, 1994).
- American Heart Association – Annual Heart Walk Captain, Event warm-up, walker and fundraiser
- Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation – Walk Across Southeastern Connecticut Marathon, Warm-up leader & annual contributor
- Make A Wish, Special Olympics & Care & Share volunteer
- Annual volunteer for Niantic Bay Triathlon and O’Niantic 5K fun run
- Sports enthusiast, enjoy outdoor activities, daily walking with my dog, healthy cooking, movies and good chocolate.