Academic Advising during COVID-19
The Allied Health Sciences Academic Advising Center is committed to continuing our mission to provide student-centered services during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we will be closed to in-person business to follow safety protocols issued by UConn and the State of Connecticut. We will provide an update when a re-opening date has been set and advise on protocols as appropriate. Please reach out to email@example.com with questions or concerns. Please see information below on how to make remote advising appointments.
Here are some helpful links to reference as you navigate the semester:
- Online course support
- COVID-19 Student Health and Wellness
- COVID-19 testing information
- Fall 2020 Return to campus information
- Fall 2020 Housing FAQs
Making an Advising Appointment:
- Prior to making a advising appointment, evaluate whether your question can be quickly answered by emailing your advisor or our general advising email at firstname.lastname@example.org to expedite a response.
- NEXUS appointments: Students are asked to make advising appointments in NEXUS; meetings will take place via UConn WebEx. You will need access to a computer and/or reliable internet (i.e. cell phone) for your advising appointment. If you do not have access to a computer or reliable internet, please email the Advising Center at email@example.com to discuss alternate options.
IMPORTANT: Please choose from the following options when making your NEXUS appointment:
- AHS students – Allied Health Sciences majors are asked to make advising appointments with their assigned academic advisor. The appointment link to meet with your assigned advisor has not changed. If you access the NEXUS system (i.e. if you do not use your advisor’s unique link), you will be directed to “Schedule appointment > search by name > choose your advisor." Then choose “Advisee Appointment” when scheduling an appointment. Appointments are accessible only to assigned advisees.
- Prospective students or students meeting with an advisor they're not assigned to – Students are asked to make a Non-Advisee Appointment. Select “Non-Advisee Appointment”. The system will provide you with a list of available appointments by day, time, and advisor.
Note: The confirmation email contains the WebEx link for the appointment. Please aim to arrive to the WebEx digital “lobby” a few minutes early in case you experience technical difficulties. At the time of your appointment, your advisor will admit you to the WebEx room. If you are more than 10 minutes late to the appointment, you will be required to reschedule via NEXUS.