Request an Advising Appointment
We're here to help you navigate your options within the Department of Allied Health Sciences and plan for your future career in a health-related field! Our academic advisors are available only by appointment so please review the information below to schedule your meeting.
Prospective AHS Majors
If you're a prospective Allied Health Sciences major, please follow the following steps to request an advising appointment:
- Review general admissions and program information
- View a virtual information session - coming soon!
- Refer to the Academic Advising during COVID-19 page for instructions on how to request an appointment with an academic advisor.
Note: During peak advising periods, our advisors may not be available to meet with prospective students as they will be focused on serving the needs of current students.
Current AHS Majors
If you're already an AHS major, you should plan to meet with your assigned advisor regularly to discuss your plan of study and future career plans as well as your plans for course registration. This will help to ensure that you meet all program requirements and address any potential problems as they arise. To find your assigned advisor, simply log into your Student Admin account and navigate to your Student Center page. To make an appointment, please use the Nexus system.
You're required to meet with your assigned advisor for all routine advising business including:
- Registering for Classes
- Students with 0-60 credits (freshmen and sophomores) must meet with their academic advisor each semester prior to registering for classes to have their advising hold lifted.
- Students with 61+ credits (juniors and seniors) are not required to meet with their academic advisor prior to registration. However, it's highly recommended so that you can ensure you are meeting all program requirements.
- Remember - Your advisor is here to help you navigate major requirements, but it is your responsibility to meet all requirements for graduation and complete your plan of study.
- Signatures on Forms
- Add/Drop forms, excess credit authorization forms, etc.
- Remember that your assigned advisor must sign these forms! Other advisors in our Advising Center cannot sign in place of your assigned advisor.
- Questions regarding your plan of study - Your advisor must sign off on your final plan of study so it's best to keep your assigned advisor up-to-date on all of your coursework and graduation plans.
Meet Our Advisors
Lauren Wilson, MA, CG(ASCP)CM, MB(ASCP)CM
Director, Allied Health Sciences Major
Director, Allied Health Sciences Advising Center
Paul Bureau, MS, CIH
Lecturer & Academic Advisor
Director, Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate Program
Tamara Kaliszewski, MSHS, PA
Lecturer & Academic Advisor, Waterbury campus
Janet Rochester, MS
Lecturer & Academic Advisor
Director, Hawley Armory Fitness Programs